G2 Ops, Inc. is a small business with big capabilities in cyber security architectural analysis, model-based systems engineering (MBSE), and strategic consulting in support of both government and commercial clients across the globe. As the recipient of the Innovation Excellence Acquisition Team of the Year by the Department of the Navy, G2OPS has been recognized for providing outstanding cyber security & systems engineering support to the DoD. In the commercial space, we provided business solutions, data analytics, strategic planning, and training and development services to a variety of public and private sector businesses and organizations.
At G2OPS we rely on our exceptional employees, innovative solutions, top-tier analytical capabilities, and a customer-centered focus to support our reputation for service excellence and innovation. We were named one of the best places to work in Virginia by CoVa magazine in 2016 because of the culture and commitment G2OPS has provided for its’ employees!
The Infrastructure Engineer will provide direct support to all corporate and client-facing technology infrastructure. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing new infrastructure to support scalability of enterprise and client-facing solutions.
- Architect, supervise and participate in the design, planning, and implementation of technologies and platforms supporting corporate on-premise infrastructure, cloud based solutions, and hybrid solutions.
- Ensure resiliency of critical enterprise voice and data solutions supporting employee business functions, as well as client-facing solutions.
- Troubleshoot, plan, and remediate technical issues impacting the business operations of all technology infrastructure.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all 3rd party technology providers including telecommunication carriers, and coordinate design, provisioning, installation and maintenance of all services.
- Create and update all documentation required to meet industry or regulatory compliance with regard to all enterprise technology and operations.
- Design, develop and maintain computer networks, endpoints, and other technology related entities to support business processes.
- Will be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to include analysis of operational capabilities and system requirements.
- Define and/or comply with all applicable product development processes and standards.
- Ability to collect requirements, organize and analyze data, summarize findings, and develop logical conclusions leading to productive infrastructure development.
- Develop presentations to present at internal stakeholders regarding technology infrastructure.
- Provide technical assistance and end-user support by responding to inquiries from internal customers and external clients.
- Participate in internal meetings and designated client meetings.
Experience and Skills:
- 5 to 10 years of prior work experience in a network or infrastructure engineering capacity.
- 2 years’ experience managing Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure cloud solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud service providers, their offerings, implementation, and management of solutions, including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledgeable of security architecture, security solutions, and security operations
- Broad knowledge of multiple UNIX OS platforms, and Windows-based operating systems; deep understanding of supporting technologies in SAN, Backup, Web, Middleware, Database, and surrounding infrastructure support technologies
- Familiarity of object oriented programming languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, C++, C#, VB.NET.
- Familiarity of relational and NoSQL database frameworks such as Microsoft Access, Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, XML.
- Experience building enterprise infrastructure as well as building resilient client-facing solutions for commercial markets.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction or within a group of peers.
- Must be able to take initiative, learn quickly and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and apply analytical thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Information Systems or Graphic Design
- In lieu of a degree, seven (7) years of related work experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Full-Time Salaried
- 100% company-paid insurance for life, health, dental, vision, and long term disability (LTD) for eligible employees and family members.
- 401(K) Plan
- 10 paid holidays;
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Educational assistance
- Work/life balance
- Family-oriented culture
- Competitive salaries
G2 Ops, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer!